Friday, June 07, 2013

Summer Bucket List

I'm excited and a little nervous to entertain the kids all summer long, all by myself!  And although I plan to have plenty of down time and time to relax and play around the house, I know the kids and I will go stir crazy if we don't get out at least once a day!  So we all sat down together and created our Summer Bucket List!
  • Texas State History Museum
  • Hike Mt. Bonnel
  • Catch lightning bugs
  • Visit Nature and Science Center
  • Water balloons!
  • Go fishing with Pop
  • Visit the Cathedral of Junk
  • Visit ghost town in Manor
  • Play in the rain
  • Visit the Texas State Capital
  • Camp in the backyard (I didn't think this one through, will have to wait until Fall)
  • See the Congress Bridge Bats
  • Nature Nights at the Wildflower Center
  • Visit LAKE TAHOE and Ryder
  • Read (lots of reading)
  • Live Music
  • Go to the movies
  • Explore a new zoo
  • Swim (lots of it)
  • Laser Tag
  • Watch Fireworks
  • Visit Libraries
  • Rock climb (we have a great rock climbing wall at our gym)
  • Splash pads
  • Visit the North Austin Trailer Yard (NATY)
  • Bounce Houses
  • Visit lots of parks!
  • Make homemade popsicles
  • Visit Pioneer Farms
  • Jumpoline
  • Go to College Station
  • BIKE!
  • Participate in a Nature Challenge
  • Tour the Blue Bell Ice Cream Creamery
  • Hike
  • Go to the Ranch
  • Dates with Mom and Dad
  • Visit Texas A&M University
  • Drive-in Movie
  • Schlitterbahn Water Park
  • Farmers Markets
  • Visit Natural Bridge Caverns
*everything in black we've already done!
 
Yesterday was a fun first day of summer!  I took the kids to see the movie Epic and then in the afternoon we went swimming....even Micah was able to get off work a little early and go swimming with us!  Today we're headed to check out a fun Splash Pad.  WELCOME TO OUR SUMMER!!!

No comments: