It is possible for an old, unused cell phone with no SIM card to call 911. Just ask my son.
THE WHOLE STORY: So, I recently got an iPhone and gave my old phone to the kids to play with. There's no SIM card in the phone, but I kept it charged so they could dial and play with the phone like it was really working. A few nights ago we saw Owen playing with the phone, and then we heard someone talking back to him. We were totally confused and wondered who he could possibly be talking to since we didn't think the phone could work without a SIM card. Micah grabbed the phone from him and found out it was a 911 operator answering the call. He had to apologize and explain that our 4 year old accidentally called 911. Woops! Come to find out, phones are still able to call 911 without a SIM card and when there is no phone service. Good to know!!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That's hilarious. Please elaborate on this story. I'd love to hear what happened next.
Post a Comment