Sunday, October 03, 2010

Fun in San Diego!

We recently returned from a week long trip to San Diego. I had to go there for a conference for work (tragic, I know). I always love heading to southern California. I extended my work trip so we could have a mini-vacation and we made it to the San Diego Zoo, LegoLand and of course to the beach! The zoo was fantastic....by far my favorite zoo I've ever visited! Even Adler got excited when she saw the animals.

We also spent a couple of nights in Carlsbad where LegoLand is located. It was a cute little town with some great beaches. We were able to meet up with Micah's childhood friend Sean and his clan. They live in Orange County and drove down to LegoLand to spend the day with us. Micah and Sean hadn't seen each other since high school, so it was a fun reunion. Sean also has young children, so Owen was thrilled to have some kids to play with. (For those of you that don't know, LegoLand is basically a Six Flags for kids ages 3-10)

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from our trip. The rest of them are in the slide show below.

Owen was concentrating very hard on building his sand cave and planting some feathers he found on the beach.....very serious work here.

Owen rode his first roller coaster at LegoLand. Yes, the $14 I paid for this overpriced picture was totally worth it. Owen looks scared to death here. But when he got off he said it was fun and scary, and he agreed to ride more roller coasters throughout the day! What a BIG boy!





No comments: