We were really lucky on the flights there, as we had an entire row (3 seats) all to ourselves!
I had to go to Washington for a WIC conference and extended my trip a few days to visit my friend Melissa. It was so great to visit with her and her husband Steve! What wonderful hosts.....they treated me to a personal tour of all the monuments, Greek food, Mexican food, a lovely stroll in old town Alexandria, and provided me my very own taxi service whenever I needed a ride. Thanks for everything, Melissa! Miss you.
Adler and the Washington Monument
Adler at the World War II Memorial
At the Korean War Memorial
Melissa and Adler
Lincoln Monument
Adler's first stay in a hotel room
White House
Our nation's Capital
Adler attended the WIC conference with me every day and was quite popular among all the other attendees. The last day of the conference was a Breastfeeding Summit and I was on a panel of speakers with other breastfeeding mothers.
Adler didn't get stage fright....she did great in front of an audience of around 150 people.
Our flight home on Wednesday was a disaster. There were bad thunderstorms in Dallas, so our flight was diverted to Oklahoma City. We had to sit on the plane in Oklahoma for over 2 hours! When we finally made it to Dallas we had missed our connecting flight to Reno. So were were stranded in the Dallas airport for almost 8 hours before we finally got on another flight. It ended up taking us 19 hours to get home that day. But again, Adler was a trooper. She was way less cranky than her mother. And I was beyond thrilled to finally make it home that night!



1 comment:
Wow, presenting at conferences already...so advanced! I can't wait to see her resume in a few years!
Post a Comment