Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Barack Obama

Last night Presidential hopeful Barack Obama made an appearance in Carson City - right down the street from our home! We had to wait in line (in the cold) and the community center was completely packed, but somehow we made it inside and had an amazing view right behind all the media cameras! I'm not quite sure how we managed it, but it was exciting to be a part of the event! Neither one of us have decided who we're going to vote for in the election at this point, but Obama was certainly a dynamic speaker......very personable and charismatic. And Owen enjoyed clapping when the crowd cheered! No doubt this is going to be one exciting election!


3 comments:

Brian Williams said...

I hope you've decided to vote for Barack Obama! He's a great leader and will be much more of a unifying person than the Clintons ever could.

Corey Mason said...

hey kelly
what a neat experience. Corey and I were talking about how we wish we were in Nevada, because it's a swing state, and our vote would make a difference. We got to see Obama speak in Oakland last spring, it was quite amazing. He is such a good speaker and he sparks a since of unity which I love. Hope you guys are doing well! Miss you,
shelley

Ashley said...

oooh how exciting, I would have love to have gone!