Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Kelly and the Belly

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and everything looks good! The baby's heartbeat is really strong! The baby is measuring perfect for a delivery on December 5th (give or take 2 weeks). I tested negative for gestational diabetes and anemia. Dr. Koch says the baby may be in the breech position, but it is hard to tell at this point. As the baby gets bigger, she'll be able to tell for sure. She did say if the baby is breech I will definitely have a C-section (hopefully this won't happen).

I've gained about 17 pounds so far (5 pounds just in the past month). She said I'll probably gain another 10-15 pounds before this baby is born....I know this sounds like a lot of weight but the doc says I'm right on track. Now I will start to see Dr. Koch more frequently. She wants to see me again in only 3 weeks and after that at least every 2 weeks. The end is near (or maybe I should say the beginning)!!!

2 comments:

Ridgetop said...

Glad to hear everything is coming along fine. C-Section? Ouch, but isn't that what all the actresses do to keep their 18 year old figures or something?

And yes, the belly is showing. I guess I should come by your Bureau more often.

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

Kelly, I hadn't turned in my mom's belly at the week 31, but then my mom went to the chiropractor and then I turned. In fact my mom started going every week to keep the birth canal straight. It helped me come out fast! Keep us posted!!