Saturday, October 12, 2013

August Catch-up

The last month of summer was packed with all kinds of fun activities.  We finished up almost everything on our Summer Bucket List and had a blast in the process!  I absolutely LOVED my summer with the kids!
 We visited the Blue Bell Ice Cream Creamery with my wonderful friend Alyssa and her cute kids.  Blue Bell is one of the best things about being back in Texas (and also probably why we've gained a few pounds since being back)!  If you've never had Blue Bell Ice Cream......I'm so sorry.  The creamery was great fun!

 Micah and I both took the kids on separate "dates," and for Owen I took him to play Laser Tag!  It was way more fun than I imagined and I'm sure we'll go back!  Afterwards we went and ate our favorite summer treat......SNOW CONES!

The kids at the top of Mt. Bonnel, overlooking Lake Austin!

 We took a 2 day trip to Ennis to see my Granny.  She was thrilled to have us and fed the kids as much sugar and candy as they could possibly fill themselves with.  The kids also treated their GG (Great-Granny) to lunch and a movie.

We toured Inner Space Caverns, which we all found interesting and "super cool."
For Micah and Owen's date, the boys went fishing!  I love this picture of Owen doing what he loves.
At the end of our girl date, Adler chose to eat cupcakes at her favorite food trailer in Austin, Hey Cupcake!

We ended summer with a bang!  The day before school started, we went swimming and ate more snow cones!

 Here's the official first day of school pictures!  Owen started the first grade and Adler started going to Junior Pre-K three days a week.
I absolutely adore Owen's first grade teacher!  She tutored his in reading this summer, which made the transition to first grade really easy.  He's doing well in school and seems to enjoy it (although the homework has not impressed him).
Adler is also doing well in preschool.  She's making new friends and is enjoying her school days.  Although she sure does like staying home with me 2 days a week!
 


No comments: