Monday, September 19, 2011

Patio Project

At the beginning of the summer Micah and I came up with a plan to brighten up our back patio. We painted our wooden table bright yellow months ago. But then I decided to find some vintage metal patio chairs and it took us a while to find some that weren't too expensive. It's only taken us 3 months to complete our little project, but at least we finished it before Adler's birthday party!
This is how the chairs looked before we refinished them.  The light green chairs came from a garage sale, the white chairs from Craig's List, and the dark green chairs I've had since college.

And here's what the chairs look like now, after being sanded and re-painted.

My love for these chairs began years years ago when I was a child.  I have fond memories of sitting in similar chairs at my grandparent's house at the Ranch.

It's a shame we won't be able to enjoy our new patio for longer.  Fall seems to be arriving quickly, so I'll hope for a long autumn!

No comments: