Two years ago Micah bought me a glider ride for my birthday but a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant - so I cancelled. For my 30th birthday last month, Micah gave it to me again and I finally got my ride! It was awesome!
If you don't already know, a glider is a small plane with a very long wingspan and no engine. The glider is pulled into the air by a tow plane and a cord. Once the glider is at a high enough elevation, the glider breaks free from the plane and glides around in the sky!
The weather this morning was perfect....no wind and not a cloud in the sky. The ride was very calm, peaceful and quiet. When it was time, I pulled the cord to free the glider from the tow plane. We flew over Heavenly Ski Resort and then along the ridge of the mountains before going back over Carson Valley. At one point the pilot did a few aerobatics, which was really fun! As we were coming in for our landing we flew over a Starbucks roasting plant and I could actually smell the coffee in the sky. Kind of cool!
What a great birthday gift! Turning 30 wasn't too bad after all!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I get dizzy and a little sick to my stomach just looking at the pictures....you have a death wish, my friend...
Post a Comment