Well, the baby's due date - December 5th - has come and gone with no news to share. For the last nine months we have put so much focus on this one specific date, so it was kind of a disappointment yesterday for the day to pass with no excitement. But we all know that the due date is just an estimate and that the baby will for sure arrive in the next 2 weeks. We're really trying to be patient here, but it's getting harder every day.
We saw the doctor this morning and everything still looks good. They monitored the baby's heart rate and movement as well as my contractions for about 30-45 minutes. I am having regular contractions (they seem to be about every 10 minutes or so) but I'm not feeling them at all. The doctor doesn't think I'll go into labor until next week, although anything can happen at this point. My next appointment is on Monday where she will monitor the baby again and do an ultrasound to check on everything. We haven't had an ultrasound since I was 19 weeks along, so that should be fun. That's about all we know for now. But we do feel blessed that the babe is healthy and made it the entire 40 weeks! And now we'll just try to keep ourselves busy so we don't dwell on when the baby will arrive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey Kelly, I'm glad to hear you're feeling good. I know (not from personal experience) that waiting that last week for baby is no fun, so I hope it goes by quickly for you. Here's to a quick, easy, and healthy delivery. I'll be thinking about you guys!
Post a Comment